Haute Savoie is a very popular region, whether for the charm of the city of Annecy, its ski slopes, the purest lake in Europe or its authentic gastronomy.
The region offers a multitude of activities for all tastes.
In summer :
– the bike (the bike path to go around the lake is about 1km)
– hiking (starting many hikes from the chalet)
– sailing, pedalo, kayak, canoe, stand-up paddel, water skiing
– the average mountain walks from Sambuy (30min) or Semnoz (20min)
– the summer toboggan run from the Semnoz ski resort
– an adventure park in Talloires (20min) or Tamié (35min)
In winter :
– cross-country skiing, skiing or tobogganing from Semnoz family ski resort (20min), possibility to rent equipment at 5 min
– cross-country skiing or track is also practiced at La Clusaz or Grand Bornand (35-40min); Les Saisies (40min), the 3 Valleys (about 1 hour)
– snowshoeing since Semnoz
During the year :
Annecy International Animated Film Festival in June.
Numerous sports competitions: the marathon, the Maxi Race, the Alpsman, etc.
The lake festival and its famous fireworks the first weekend of August.
Or simply visit the old town of Annecy, Geneva (40min), or a shopping session.